Board of Directors
MissionThe Board of Directors is the collegial instrument in charge of all questions concerning the running of the Foundation as well as finding solutions through deliberations. In order to achieve this, the Board can proceed with any controls and checks it considers necessary.
The Board elects a president, a treasurer and can require the assistance of other committees to help it manage projects under taken by the Foundation.
The Board meets at least twice a year, but also as often as the Foundation requires.
The Board must:
- approve the Foundation's development strategy and ensure its accomplishment;
- reach decisions concerning different conventions agreed with the founders, the partners and doctorate entities;
- make decisions concerning the annual general orientations and the Foundation's annual action program;
- vote the budget and its modifications;
- adopt the activity report concerning the Foundation's scientific, moral and financial situation;
- discuss and approve the yearly accounts;
- nominate one or more auditors;
- put into place the rules and regulations;
- decide the general conditions for recruitment and payment of all the Foundation staff.
President: Jean-Charles Pomerol
Treasurer: Christophe Mauriet
Director: José-Alain Sahel
Secretary-General: Dominique Santiard-Baron
President of the Executive Committee: Christine Petit
Government commissioner: Hoa Nguyen
Centre Hospitalier National d’Ophtalmologie des Quinze-Vingts:
- Jean-François Ségovia, Director
- Eliane Chemla, President of the Board of Directors
- Saddek Mohand-Said, Deputy Head of the Clinical Investigation Centre
- François Romaneix, Administrative Deputy Director
- Christian Brechot, General Director
- Patrick Trieu-Cuot, Responsible partnerships
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (INSERM):
- Alexis Brice, Director of ICM
- Sylviane Inocencio, Deputy Director for finance and administration - Paris 6
Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC / Paris VI):
- Jean Chambaz, President
- Jean-Charles Pomerol, Advisor
- Bernard POULAIN, Directeur adjoint scientifique INSB
Fédération des Aveugles et Handicapés Visuels de France (FAF) :
- Vincent Michel
Fondation Agir Pour l'Audition :
- Armand de Boissière, Secrétaire général Fondation Bettencourt-Schueller
Fédération des Aveugles et Handicapés Visuels de France (FAF):
- Vincent Michel
- Jean-François Bach, Perpetual secretary of the Académie des Sciences
- Noel Garabédian, Armand-Trousseau Child Hospital
2 Representatives of the territorial collectivites:
- Marie-Christine Dirringer, Conseil Régional Ile de France
2 elected representatives of the professors, reaserchers & associate professors:
- Serge Picaud, Inserm Research Director
- Paul Avan, Auvergne University, Clermont-Ferrand - Inserm UMR 1107
2 representatives of the economic world:
- Eric Bizaguet, Director of the Hearing Correction Laboratory
- Philippe Tillous-Borde, Managing Director of Sofiproteol
Rare disease day 2017
The Rare Disease Day - held on the last day of February since its first celebration in 2008 - serves to raise and deepen awareness of rare diseases among the general public, public authorities and decision-makers....
Opening of the Hearing Institute - Group leader positions
The Hearing Institute, an auditory neuroscience research institute, will open in April 2018. Various funding opportunities are available. Both senior and junior group leader applications will be considered....
Derniers jours pour votre ISF avant le 15 juin à minuit !
Réduisez votre ISF et aidez la recherche grâce à votre don.